Hydrogen and nitrogen mixture gas
A mixture of 5% hydrogen and 95% nitrogen is a safe non-flammable gas, a standard reduction-protection gas used in steelmaking, so it's easy to buy the mixture without mixing it yourself.
Compared with helium leak detection, the biggest advantage of hydrogen and nitrogen mixture leak detection technology is that the gas cost is low, only 1/10-1/20 of that of helium! As helium becomes more scarce and more expensive, the advantage of low cost hydrogen and nitrogen mixtures will become even more pronounced.
In addition, the equipment cost of hydrogen leak detector is lower than that of helium leak detector, and there is no vacuum pump, mass spectrometer room, filament and other components inside, so it does not need to be maintained annually. The combined cost is much lower than helium leak detection. The leakage rate as low as 5*10-7mbarl/s can be quickly detected by hydrogen and nitrogen mixture detection, which is the development trend of leak detection technology at present.
This technology has been widely used in foreign countries. In the domestic air conditioning industry, more and more manufacturers began to use hydrogen and nitrogen mixture gas leak detection to replace the original suction gun helium detection.
Leak detection application:
1. Aircraft oil tank leak detection;
2. Airbus fuel system;
3. Advanced European fighter jet fuel system;
4.Eurocopter fuel system;
5. F-16 fighter fuel lashing;
6. Eurofighter tornado fuel tank system;
7. Boeing aircraft oxygen supply system;
8. Swedish eagle division fighter fuel system;
9. Fuel systems for the French air force;
10. U.S. air force fuel systems;
11. American space rockets; European space rocket.